What is OpenCart? OpenCart Features and Advantages!
What is OpenCart?
OpenCart is a PHP based online store management system. OpenCart is absolutely free and open-source eCommerce development platform for web developers and merchants. OpenCart has become the most popular and first choice of e-commerce developers, users, and merchants. What is OpenCart – is a very basic question comes to our mind when talking about a new framework. Now, you got a basic idea of What is an OpenCart in PHP?
So, if you are looking for a free, open-source webshop, then OpenCart is a great gift for you.
How to check the current opencart version?
Got your installation folder, let’s say “upload”
Open index.php files and find below lines:
Is OpenCart MVC framework?
Yes. OpenCart Framework is a PHP based MVC framework. If you are familiar with any MVC framework, then Learning OPenCart would be a very easy task for you and your team. It consists of the Views, Controllers, and Models in the OpenCart source code. Opencart website is your complete OpenCart ecommerce platform.
Is OpenCart free and open-source?
Yes, OpenCart Framework is a free and open source web-based complete E-commerce website development platform written in the PHP programming language. OpenCart is released under the GNU General public license.
The current stable version of OpenCart is 220.127.116.11 released on January 7, 2019.
History of OpenCart? What is OpenCart?
OpenCart Framework was originally developed by Christopher G. Mann in 1998 for Walnut Creek CDROM and later The FreeBSD Mall. The entire development of the OpenCart platform was in the Perl programming language. And the first official version of OpenCart was released in 11th May 1999. The primary objective behind Opencart development was to provide a very simple eCommerce development platform.
Since its early development in 1998, OpenCart continues to serve thousands of online stores because it is easy to develop, use and configure. Also, there are lots of forums and online articles that address customers main points when using the software.
According to the survey, in February 2017 OpenCart had about 317,000 live OpenCart sites, which was more than Shopify or Magento. What is OpenCart
Read Laravel Tutorials:
If you are a beginner to Laravel Framework, then we recommend you to read the following topics:
- Laravel Framework Overview
- Laravel Request Lifecycle
- Top 20 Laravel Artisan Commands
- Understanding Laravel Middleware
- Laravel Routing Tutorial
- Understanding Laravel Blade Template
- Laravel Interview Questions
- Laravel Authentication
- Laravel Validation Tutorial
Important Features of OpenCart
OpenCart framework provides a very user-friendly and effective interface for e-commerce development with a wide range of extensions and themes.
Opencart is a feature-rich platform for online store development and management. It comes with a great set of in-built features – themes, extensions, modules, payment gateways and much more. The following are some high-level features of opencart: What is OpenCart?
OpenCart Features List:
- OpenCart is free and open-source
- User-Friendly store frontend and Admin backend UI
- Multi-Language support
- Multi-Store support
- Multi-currency support.
- Catalog Management
- Order Management
- Unlimited Categories and sub-categories
- Product Reviews and comments
- Automatic Image Zoom-In Effect
- Product ratings
- Related products feature
- Discount coupon system
- SEO support
- Sales reports
- Module system
- OpenCart customizations
- Sales tax management
- Sales trend analysis
Advantages of OpenCart? What is OpenCart?
Opencart is used to set up online stores for small to medium-sized organizations.
If you are planning to launch your online store, then OpenCart is the best option to have a quick setup and start selling your products. It provides developers, users, and merchants with the following list of benefits of using Opencart as compared to other e-commerce development platform:
- Simple & Quick Setup – After downloading and installing opencart, it’s very easy to setup opencart for an e-commerce store.
- Very simple Backend Admin dashboard – that can be used by non-tech-savvy persons and merchants.
- Opencart Themes & Extensions – Robust themes and extensions support.
- Oc runs on AJAX technology hence provides good site speed.
- Multi-store support – OC provides support for multi-store which allows users to manage and monitor multiple stores from single Admin Panel.
- MultiLanguage and Multi-currency support
- Responsive & SEO friendly.
- Essential PHP Interview Questions for Experienced Developers
- Top 50 PHP Interview Questions and Answers in 2019
- Top 50+ React Native Interview Questions with Answers In 2019
- Top 50 Laravel Interview Questions and Answers
Is OPenCart a CMS?
OpenCart is an e-commerce development CMS that provides users the full control over the content, template management. It provides the whole products content (description, SEO) through the simple and one-stop admin dashboard. What is OpenCart?
What are OpenCart alternatives?
Following are the top 10 alternatives to OpenCart e-commerce framework:
- Big Cartel
- Duck Shell
So, we have learned What is OpenCart framework, its features, and advantages.
Opencart important References: