How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a website using Google Chrome Shortcuts
Today, we are going to learn the very interesting trick of How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a website.
This article teaches you simple and detailed steps on how to create website shortcut on your desktop in Windows 7, 8 or 10 using the favorite browsers. After finishing this tutorial, you will be able to easily create a desktop shortcut of any website or web application, or web page.
What is the Desktop Shortcut of Website or Web Application?
Imagine you are frequently navigating to website or some web application using web browsers – Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. So, each time you have to open the web browser, type the web address and navigate to a favorite web page.
Don’t Worry – We have shortcut solution for you – Desktop Shortcut to Website using Google Chrome Shortcuts.
Creating a Desktop Shortcut of a website or web application will allow you to double-click to open that web page. The shortcut will open the website/portal in the web browser.
Let’s understand different ways to create a desktop shortcut to your favorite website or frequently used web portal, web-page, etc.
Learn Laravel Tutorials:
If you are a beginner to Laravel Framework, then we recommend you to read the following topics:
- Laravel Framework Overview
- Laravel Request Lifecycle
- Top 20 Laravel Artisan Commands
- Understanding Laravel Middleware
- Laravel Routing Tutorial
- Understanding Laravel Blade Template
- Laravel Interview Questions
- Laravel Authentication
- Laravel Validation Tutorial
Different Methods to Create Desktop Shortcut to website
1. How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a website
Google Chrome allows users to create a desktop shortcut to a website in very simple steps. It basically achieves this using Google Chrome Shortcuts functionality.
Here are the steps to create …
Method1 – Steps to Create Desktop Shortcut to Website using Google Chrome Shortcuts
1. Open your Favorite website/portal or a web page in Google Chrome browser.
2. Click the Chrome Menu button (⋮) at the upper-right corner of the Chrome window.
3. Select “More tools” option
4. Select More Tools -> Create Shortcut option
5. Edit the shortcut name
6. Click on “Create”
Now, look at the desktop it will have a shortcut to your website the given shortcut name.
Method2 – How to create a desktop shortcut of web application using any browser
The following steps will provide the process of creating a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE):
1. Open Favorite Website – Navigate to your favorite website or web page
2. Resize your Web browser so that you can see the browser and your desktop in the same screen.
3. Click on the icon located to the left side of the address bar. This is where you can see the full URL to the website.
4. Drag Icon to Desktop – Continue to hold down the mouse button and drag the icon to your desktop. This creates the shortcut.
Method 3 – Create a Shortcut on the Desktop (form Desktop only..)
1. Go to Windows Desktop and Right-click the desktop.
2. Desktop -> New -> Shortcut.
3. Enter the URL and select Next.
4. Type your name for the shortcut and select Finish.
Method4 – Create a Shortcut on the Windows Taskbar
1. Select a shortcut on the desktop.
2. Drag the shortcut to the Windows taskbar.
3. Now the Shortcut will be on the bottom taskbar of Windows desktop
Also, read the following guides: